Wednesday, February 20, 2013

And now a word from our sponsor...

Actually, I don't have any sponsors (at least not yet *hint, hint*).  I just thought that was a catchy little title to introduce a couple of products relating to the gluten-free or paleo/primal communities.  I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies nor do I receive any kind of compensation for making an "endorsement" on my lowly little blog.  I'm just a fan passing the news.

If you haven't seen Delight Gluten Free Magazine, it's worth a look.  In addition to a lovely print journal, they also offer an online copy you can access through your tablet or iPhone; the iPad edition is loaded with fabulous pictures & recipes, nice layout and easy to navigate copy.  If you'd like to give some of their recipes a trial run for free, I would recommend signing up for their free weekly e-newsletter.  I've been getting this for several months and have found the recipes to be appealing and fairly easy to recreate.  In edition, they don't spam your mailbox with lots of offers, just a tasteful (pun intended) once a week email.


Okay, a traditional bread company recommendation?  I know, I know, this one seems a little "out there" for a gluten free leaning blog especially since Panera has historically not identified themselves as gf.   Though happy to accomodate gf eaters, it's not been a driving goal of theirs (understandably - I mean come on, they're a BREAD bakery).  That said, it's recently come to my attention that Panera Bread has a secret, and if you eat paleo, primal or gluten-free, it's a very good secret.  Earlier this year, Panera rolled out their Hidden Menu full of whole food, low carb eats for both breakfast and lunch/dinner.  Honestly, Panera is one of my guilty pleasures, and when my mom & I are out and about I happily break my steadfast commitment to primal eating and chow down on a sandwich.  But this Hidden Menu, makes me so very, very happy as the food presented, in my humble opinion, outshines their regular options.  I mean who wouldn't want a Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad for lunch or a Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak for breakfast?  Seriously nourishing eats!  Now you won't see these menu options posted in their bakery-cafes (thus why it's "hidden") but all you have to do is let them know you're ordering from the hidden menu and you're good to go.  For more information about Panera's Hidden Menu see this article or check out their pictorial display.





No comments:

Post a Comment